Applications are invited for a maternity leave position as a Policy and Media Advisor in the Office of David Shoebridge, Greens NSW Upper House MP.
This is a temporary, part time (4 days per week) maternity leave position for up to 4 months.
|Organisation/Entity:||Parliament of New South Wales – Legislative Council|
|Job Category:||Policy | Advisory|
|Job Location:||Sydney Region / Sydney City / Sydney|
|Job Reference Number:||0000|
|Work Type:||Temporary Part time (maternity leave position)|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Total Remuneration Package:||Maximum total remuneration package $82,003 pro rata pa including salary ($58,579 pro rata pa – $67,148 pro rata pa), an all incidence allowance ($6,829 pro rata pa), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.|
|Contact:||(02) 9230 3030 – David Shoebridge|
|Closing Date:||27/08/2017 – 11.59 PM|
- Proposed commencement 3 October 2017
- $58,579 pro rata pa – $67,148 pro rata per annum (depending on skills and experience), plus an all incidence allowance of $6,829 per annum, employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Based in Parliament of NSW, Sydney CBD
Applications are invited for a Policy and Media Advisor in the Office of David Shoebridge, Greens NSW Upper House MP.
Located at the Parliament of NSW, the Office of David Shoebridge focuses on the policy areas of:
Attorney General and Justice, Aboriginal Justice, Child Protection, Corrective Services, Crown Lands, Industrial Relations and Insurance, Local Government, Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast, Planning and Heritage, Police and Emergency Services (including gun control).
Core campaigns are on planning and climate change, protecting local democracy, Aboriginal justice, police accountability and gun control.
The successful applicant will work as part of a small team developing a strong community, media and parliamentary presence on each of these policy areas.
Broad skill areas required include administrative/organisational, policy, research and analysis, community engagement, communication, media and legislation.
Further information to assist you with applying for this position:
- Position Description
- Parliament of New South Wales website
- NSW Parliament pre-employment requirements
How to apply
To apply for this position please attach to your application:
- Your up-to-date resume (maximum 2 pages) which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this position
- Names and contact details of at least two professional referees
- A covering letter detailing your specific demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills with regards to each of the following key criteria
- Commitment to Greens principles of Grassroots Democracy, Peace and Non-Violence, Environmental Sustainability and Social Justice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including well developed interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and develop stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated initiative and a proven capacity to work unsupervised, prioritise work and meet strict deadlines.
- Proven analytical skills and sound experience in undertaking detailed research and presenting concise and sound information and briefings.
- Sound office administration skills and experience in using technology, including the internet, social media and web-based applications.
- Understanding of parliamentary functions, including the passage of legislation and workings of Government and/or State politics.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in activism and/or community campaigns, particularly for social and environmental justice.
- Experience in, or demonstrated detailed understanding of one or more of the following policy areas with relevance to NSW: Attorney General and Justice, Aboriginal Justice, Child Protection, Corrective Services, Crown Lands, Industrial Relations and Insurance, Local Government, Newcastle, Hunter and Central Coast, Planning and Heritage, Police and Emergency Services (including gun control).
- Proficiency with InDesign Photoshop and/or video editing software is not essential but would be looked upon favourably.
Your resume and response to the key criteria will be the initial method used to assess your suitability for this position compared to other applicants.
Electronic attachments must be MS Word compatible or in pdf format.
Applications should be lodged directly with the Office of David Shoebridge at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions please call 9230 3030.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 27 August 2017