We welcome all kinds of comments and thoughts, supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise, as long as they are made in the spirit of constructive and civilised dialogue. All comments are moderated.
However, the administrators will delete or edit comments that deviate from our rules of conduct, as set out below. Commenters may also be blacklisted or blocked if appropriate.
- Keep it Clean. Please use polite language at all times. Coarse, racist or sexist language, abuse and attacks are not acceptable.
- Stay on Target. Please do your best to stay on topic. While we appreciate wide-ranging discussions, we’d like to avoid derailed threads.
- Keep it short. Please try to avoid excessively frequent or long comments, which may discourage others from participating.
- No hawkers. This website is a place to discuss political, social, environmental and ethical issues related to our work. It is NOT somewhere to sell your goods and services.
- Limit Links. Our website is setup to automatically hold any blog comment with excessive links in moderation, which may delay your comment from appearing on this blog. Any blog comment with more than four links could be marked as comment spam.
- Email Privacy. Email addresses used when commenting are not published on the blog, nor shared. They may be used by the administrators to privately contact the commenter, but will never be shared with any other organisation.
- Trolling is not acceptable.
- Spam. All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology. The spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect, and from time to time it flags legitimate comments.
The opinions expressed in comments threads are entirely the responsibility of the various contributors. While we will do everything within reason to ensure that they are not defamatory, we accept no liability for them or the content of links included in them.
NB: Most of our comments policy reflects the Australian Greens comments policy.